Monday, 7 December 2015

Writing Poetry

Description: In Troy's writing group we have been writing Limericks,Free Verse Poetry and Cinquain. It has been a lot of fun. A Limerick is a rhyming poem that has a set number of sentences and words. Free verse poetry is practically a poem that you can do anything you want with, you do not have to follow a certain format. A Cinquain is the most recent poem I have been writing. A Cinquain has a certain format that you have to follow. A Cinquain is shaped like a Christmas tree. It starts off, like skip counting in 2's. 2,4,6,8 and you go back to a 2 syllable word. The last line usually ends off with what you are talking about in the poem. An example is Christmas. Here are all the writing groups poems in this slide. 

Big Idea:


Feedback/Feedfoward:  I think that you had a very clear picture in your mind of what you where writing about.  In your Free Verse poem you pictured very clearly in my mind what you felt like when you where near the sea lion. Next time you could try make your Cinquain rhyme. Georgia:)

Evaluation: I think I created lots of interesting poems with those rules and subjects. I think that I could create more of those poems in the future to learn and practise them more. I loved the types of poems because some of them I did not know existed, now I do. Also The paticular poem I would like to work on was a Cinquain. Cinquains are a bit more harder to write than the others because they have a more harder format that you have to follow.




No comments:

Post a Comment