Friday, 30 October 2015

Free Verse Poetry

Description: In writing I have written some free verse poetry. The subject we had to make our writing on was a memory that we have. I am writing about how a sea lion chased us on the beach. Here is my free verse poetry that I have written.

Sea Lion

Footprints engraved in the sand as I walk along the 

sandy beach. 

Screech, Screech, Screech

What was that?

I hear the same sound again

Screech, Screech, Screech

The sound echoes through my ears like someone talking in an empty room.

Turning around I see a huge blubbery sea lion, heaving it's muscles with it. 

As it powered along the beach.

I made a run for it.


Evaluation: 

I think I used most of the senses, taste, hear, feel, smell and see. But I could work on using more of them. I used some repetition and similes to make it more interesting. I could definitely work on using more language features, like alliteration and some of the senses.



No comments:

Post a Comment