Friday, 21 August 2015

Production Wearable Arts

Description: This term we have a Wearable Arts show at the Regent coming up. We do Wearble Arts making, every Friday. I have made a Mood Board that shows what it will look like. I have also made a plan and drawn my own design of what I am going to use and make it out of. My group is Elements and I will be doing water. I think instead of making some clothing that you might wear like a dress. I have made myself a rain drop instead of like a flowing dress. We have to up cycle the garment. So that it is made out of stuff that you might have at home. The production theme will be Life (Ora). I chose this group (elements) because I think that you could a really cool garment out of 4 choices that you have. Fire, Water, Wind and Earth. My inspiration is lots of other garments that I have seen on the web. I did not really want to do dress because I am not in to that thing. I think this was a really great idea.

Next I am going to sow or hot glue gun the two sides together to create a 3D shape.



1) The materials that I used to create my garment were: This fluffy stuff called melty fibre. For my rain shaker I used a glad wrap cardboard roll and paint. To stop the rice coming out the top I used lids and painted them to.

2) The most challenging thing about production for me was: Getting the measurements right for the rain drops size so it would'nt be to small or to big.
3) One way I demonstrated a growth mindset during production was: I thought wider because no one else used melty fibre and I think I used the growth mindset by using something different.
4) Something I am really proud of about production was: Getting the measurements right.
5) Our school vision is to create agency, creativity and excellence. I showed this by: I showed creativity by  making something creative. I think I was very creative because I made a 3D rain drop using fluffy material.












1 comment:

  1. Rosalind, I think yours is one of the most effective garments in our group, maybe even the whole of Poutama. It is simple but effective and I love that you persevered with this garment. I hope you wear it proudly on the night as you will look magnificent!

    ReplyDelete