Monday, 23 March 2015

Transformation

We have been learning about transformation.  We have specifically learnt that...


  • translation is when an object slides in any direction;

  • rotation is when an object is turned around a central point;

  • reflection is when an object is flipped and has a line of symmetry.


Our challenge was to design a car badge that contained at least one of these aspects of transformation.   


Big Idea:



Feedback/Feedfoward: My feedback is that you put in something about what you like which in this case you put in dog paws. My Feedfoward is next time you could put a different transformation.
(Serena).

Evaluation:I think my car badge looks great. My thoughts for next time would be to choose a different transformation. I really like my dog paws though. Before I thought that my paws were reflection but then I looked at it again and figured out that it was translation. Without the colours and the dots I figured that it would be reflection and translation as well. (Rosalind)

1 comment:

  1. What a great evaluation Rosalind! I always think that the evaluation is the most important part of any learning - it helps you to think about what you would do differently if you did the same or a similar thing again. By the way - I think your car badge is really cute! I wonder what the actual car might look like? Perhaps a little car for a puppy?

    ReplyDelete