Monday, 9 March 2015

Do Not Pick on People By Rosalind

Purpose: create a story to share orally


Description: Oral storytelling is a Maori tradition. We have been planning our own story to tell on the Marae in Week 7.






Here is a video of me peforming my storytelling. Click the link and have a look. (👀)


Evaluation: I think I did a a good job. I could maybe be a little more confident because at the Mari I stood up and performed my story and when I was trying to do crowd participation everyone laughed at me. I felt like people did not think I was confident standing up there either. I do need to stay in character as well. When people are laughing I sort of changed my voice from the chracter to the monkey. Next I need to remember that I am performing in front of people instead of showing that I can make a fool of myself. I also felt pleased that I stood up and showed my story to people.

Big Idea: We have been preparing for the Mari. We have been learning to tell stories like they did in vintage days.

Success Criteria:

  • Between 1 and 2 minutes long

  • Using your voice to make sounds effects

  • Using your whole body to make actions

  • Use your face to tell a story through facial expression

  • Knowing the story, knowing the setting

  • Get the picture into your listener’s head

  • Stay in character - keep your composure.

  • Audience participation

  • Unique and original (Hook your audience)

1 comment:

  1. A very well thought out message Rosalind. You paid a great deal of attention to the success criteria and it is obvious that included this in your presentation. Well done!

    ReplyDelete