Thursday, 13 March 2014

Statistics Sample


WALT: gather, display and discuss data


Success Criteria:  
  • Gather relevant information
  • Display data on a stem and leaf graph
  • Make some conclusions about the data


Task:
To present information about reaction times using a ruler.


Data:  On Friday Kaylana my learning buddy and I put our hands 20 centimetres apart from each other and the other person would drop a ruler in between the other person's hand. The other person would try to catch it. Then we would measure it from your pinky. It would be something like 12. Then you would record your data by using a leaf graph. My highest score was 12 and my lowest was 30+.

Stem and Leaf Graph:











Sorted Stem and Leaf Graph:










Conclusion: I was faster than Kaylana. I know that by looking at the stem and leaf graph because she got more 30+'s than me and I got more 10's than her.

Assessment: I think I did great because I can make some conclusions about the data, I can display data on a stem and leaf graph and I can gather relevant information. I can sort a stem and leaf graph into numbers lowest to highest as well. 


Self Assessment:

  • I can gather relevant information
  • I can display data on a stem and leaf graph
  • I can make some conclusions about the data










                     Peer Assesment:
    • I can gather relevant information
    • I can display data on a stem and leaf graph
    • I can make some conclusions about the data




No comments:

Post a Comment